Sunday, October 20, 2013

Chapter 4 Reflection

Blog Chapter 4 Data Analysis and Interpretation Just like Chapter four says, analyzing and interpreting my data feels like moving into a dark, foggy forest of unknowns. I am not really sure what my data is telling me or what I am looking for in my data. I am not even certain that the data I am collecting is the data that is best to collect for my study. Interpret means the way you look and analyze something. I have found that I have made many interpretations already in my study. I make interpretations about my students that are participating in my study and judgments based on their capabilities. I use interpretations during my teaching all the time. I assess my students through interpretation and what they know and need to know next. I liked in each section: analysis, synthesis, deconstruction, and contextualization all give you questions that you should be asking or could be reviewing with your own data. I think that this can help guide me in my thinking and my data findings. I think that many of these topics are great to use once you have your data, so that you can analyze the data that you have. I have only collected one week’s worth of data and I find it difficult to analyze much with just this information.

1 comment:

  1. That's why it's important to do it long enough that you see change over time. You'll see trends once you've worked long enough with it.

    ReplyDelete